Call for testing: OpenSSH 8.7

Tom G. Christensen tgc at jupiterrise.com
Tue Aug 17 04:43:56 AEST 2021

On 13/08/2021 02:09, Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OpenSSH 8.7p1 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate testing
> on as many platforms and systems as possible. This release has a mix of
> bugfixes and new features.

These unit tests include <stdint.h> unconditionally:
regress/unittests/authopt/tests.c
regress/unittests/misc/test_argv.c
regress/unittests/misc/test_convtime.c
regress/unittests/misc/test_expand.c
regress/unittests/misc/test_parse.c
regress/unittests/misc/test_strdelim.c
regress/unittests/misc/tests.c

This is a problem for Solaris 2.6 so I guarded the include with #ifdef
HAVE_STDINT_H.

On Solaris 2.6 and 7 the testsuite stops with:
regress/unittests/authopt/tests.c:93 test #51 "sshauthopt_from_cert
source-address"
ASSERT_PTR_NE(opts, NULL) failed:
         opts = 0
         NULL = 0
gmake[1]: *** [unit] Error 134

This was also happening with 8.6p1.
If I skip the authopt test then the remaining unit tests pass.

On the SPARC systems which are a lot slower than the x86 test systems I
am seeing a problem with hangs in the testsuite, most often in the rekey
tests.
Looking at sshd.log it seems it closed the connection but from what I
can gather from ssh.log the client still thinks it is connected and is
just waiting.
Looking at ps output I see two sshd processes running, one a child of
the other, and then a <defunct> child of the still running child.
With truss I see that the client is still doing poll().

I tried reverting 4bdf7a04797a0ea1c431a9d54588417c29177d19 and it seems
to fix it. I've now run through the rekey test twice and the full
testsuite once with no hangs where before it would always hang at some
point.

-tgc