Reminder: Add ssh_config equivalents of -N, -n and -f

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue Jun 8 17:24:20 AEST 2021

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021, Volker Diels-Grabsch wrote:

> Ping.
>
> [ If there's anything I can do to reduce the barrier, such as posting
>   the pull request as patch files to the mailing list, or anything,
>   please let me know. ]

Looking at these now.

I'm not sure about the naming of NoShell, because it's really about not
starting any kind of remote session. E.g. the existing -N talks about
not executing a remote command. Talking about shells I think runs the
risk that people will assume it somehow skips the remote shell for
command execution. They would probably find out soon enough that they
were wrong, but IMO it's better to avoid it altogether.

So the options are to rename the option to something like NoSession,
find a way to reuse the existing RemoteCommand option (though that is
IMO a little ugly) or perhaps introduce a new "SessionType" option
that can subsume functionality of both the -N (SessionType=none) and
-s (SessionType=subsystem) flags.

What do you think?

-d