ControlMaster cwd is not /

raf ssh at raf.org
Wed Mar 31 18:51:57 AEDT 2021

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 12:33:43AM +0200, Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen at sdaoden.eu> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I just stumbled over the fact that the ControlMaster process does
> not do "cd /" but remains where the ssh client was invoked.  Is
> this intentional, or should i open a bug report on that?
>
> [snip]
>
> Thanks, and Ciao! from Germany,
>
> --steffen

Hi,

I reported this too a little while ago and there was no
interest. But it is a pain when your cwd is a USB stick
that you want to umount. I've created a pull request
that fixes it:

  https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/pull/239

But it's failing checks on 4 Ubuntu kitchensink/sk
versions.

This page shows the error message:

  https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/actions/runs/704178803

  No files were found with the provided path:
  regress/*.log regress/valgrind-out/. No artifacts
  will be uploaded.

Does anyone know if the tests can/should be altered to cope with
chdir / having been introduced?

cheers,
raf