Help with ssh password pasting glitch

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon May 3 05:35:26 AEST 2021

Kurt Fitzner wrote:
> Requiring more stringent security for a new server,  I have for the
> first time set up an ssh key with a password which I then store in
> keepass.

So to clarify, do you *want* to be asked for the passphrase on every use?

I would have recommended loading the key into an agent with confirmation
before use, so that you only need to provide the passphrase once.

(I know this has nothing to do with pasting.)

Thinking about this further, such a use-case could perhaps benefit from
ssh-agent having loaded the key encrypted (I believe the protocol doesn't
currently support that but could be exnteded) and asking for the
passphrase to decrypt before each use.

//Peter