Call for testing: OpenSSH 8.9

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Tue Feb 15 16:24:30 AEDT 2022

On Sat, 12 Feb 2022 at 06:26, Val Baranov <val.baranov at duke.edu> wrote:
> Don't see pkg-config on AIX 7.1.
> libcrypto is not built with pthreads - that's what it contains:

Well, something seems to want pthreads.  What's in libcrypto.pc in the
OpenSSL you're using?

> OpenSSH here is being compiled with no shared libraries, therefore OpenSSH build (binary) does not look for 3rd  party libraries (zlib and openssl) but only refers to OS libs  libc.a and libpthread.a (this was done in order to do not depend on a specific system' installed OpenSSL package).

> Looks like the error message is misleading to claim "libcrypto" while in fact "configure" either can't find "libpthread" or - which sounds more realistic - can't find "libcrypto" w/o mentioning "--with-libs=-lpthread" option. Again, this case is for OpenSSH compiling with no shared libs, the "libcrypto.a" contains the object files which are statically linked to the binary.

Something odd is going on.  Could you please send me config.log from
the case where it fails to find libcrypto?  (it's big so off list
either direct to me or by making it available somewhere)?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)