Please help test recent changes

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Fri Jan 21 22:12:16 AEDT 2022

On Jan 21 21:32, Darren Tucker wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 at 20:46, Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > I was building and testing in a clean dir from scratch.  I cleaned out
> > the regress subdir, keeping only Makefile, and started the test again
> > with LTESTS=hostkey-agent but the failure
> >

> Did you have any configure flags or anything else in the environment?  I
> just updated a win10 VM to the current Cygwin (OpenSSL 1.1.1l  24 Aug 2021)
> and ran

Yes, I used the following flags:

  --with-kerberos5
  --with-libedit
  --with-xauth=/usr/bin/xauth
  --enable-etc-default-login

I just noticed that these are not exactly the flags used to create the
distro OpenSSH package.  Apparently I used an older configure flag
set. The distro package uses (apart from certain installation paths)

  --with-kerberos5=/usr
  --with-libedit
  --with-xauth=/usr/bin/xauth
  --disable-strip
  --without-hardening
  --with-security-key-builtin

Let me try again with a complete distro build...

> $ git clone https://anongit.mindrot.org/openssh.git && cd openssh &&
> autoreconf && ./configure && make t-exec LTESTS=hostkey-agent
>
> which passed (with the TEST_SSH_UNSAFE_PERMISSIONS warning).  Repeating
> with TEST_SSH_UNSAFE_PERMISSIONS=1 removed the warning, but both passed
> regardless.  I don't think I have anything special in my build environment.

Thanks,
Corinna