Does a known security issue allow ssh login via system accounts?

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Tue Mar 8 04:54:39 AEDT 2022

On 07/03/2022 17:40, Philipp Marek wrote:
>> That's a nice thing about pam_yubico with real Yubikeys: they can be validated against the Yubico cloud API, without any local secrets.
> Just to make sure I understand you correctly - a cloud service determines whether some access to your server is to be granted?

Yes: a cloud service run by security experts, almost certainly more
secure and better managed than I could build myself. And in any case,
it's a second factor on top of private/public keys that I do manage locally.

(They used to provide code for you to host your own validation server -
but I've just checked and found that's end-of-life)