Secondary SSH connection

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at binect.de
Mon Aug 26 00:32:31 AEST 2024

On 24.08.24 06:32, Dave Close wrote:
> Jochen Bern wrote:
>> [scratches head] If JuiceSSH's forwarded agent reliably refuses to
>> serve, why not simply tell it to stop doing such a forward ... ?
>
> Well, JuiceSSH is an Android app. I don't have the source and there
> are almost no configuration options.

*If* the keypair is specific to your Android, adding it to
authorized_keys with a "no-agent-forwarding" option might be worth a try.

(If JuiceSSH's agent is so out of the user's control, I wouldn't want to
have access to it - whether it *seems* to be unusable or not - forwarded
to other machines, either. Let me guess, it doesn't have equivalents to
all of ssh-add's -c, -t, -d, -D options, either?)

> It may be a Fedora peculiarity, but I almost never encounter any SSH
> agent on my systems.
Umh. That seems odd ...

> [bern at bnt ~]$ head -2 /etc/os-release
> NAME="Fedora Linux"
> VERSION="39 (KDE Plasma)"
> [bern at bnt ~]$ ssh-add -l
> The agent has no identities.

(The exact (default!) setup might be KDE specific, but IIUC GNOME's
gnome-keyring is no less prevalent and doubles as an ssh-agent. Or are
we exclusively talking about *servers* you access via SSH here?)

Kind regards,
--
Jochen Bern
Systemingenieur