Secondary SSH connection

Dave Close dave at compata.com
Mon Aug 26 09:16:49 AEST 2024

Jochen Bern wrote:

>> Well, JuiceSSH is an Android app. I don't have the source and there
>> are almost no configuration options.

>*If* the keypair is specific to your Android, adding it to
>authorized_keys with a "no-agent-forwarding" option might be worth a try.

That works. Thanks.

>(If JuiceSSH's agent is so out of the user's control, I wouldn't want to
>have access to it - whether it *seems* to be unusable or not - forwarded
>to other machines, either. Let me guess, it doesn't have equivalents to
>all of ssh-add's -c, -t, -d, -D options, either?)

Nope. No such options. They supposedly offer a "pro" version with more
capabilities but that doesn't seem a good idea since they ignore email.

>> It may be a Fedora peculiarity, but I almost never encounter any SSH
>> agent on my systems.

>Umh. That seems odd ...

> [bern at bnt ~]$ head -2 /etc/os-release
> NAME="Fedora Linux"
> VERSION="39 (KDE Plasma)"
> [bern at bnt ~]$ ssh-add -l
> The agent has no identities.

For me:

$ head -2 /etc/os-release
NAME="Fedora Linux"
VERSION="40 (Forty)"
$ ssh-add -l
The agent has no identities.

I didn't mean to imply that the agent was not present on my system,
only that I've never explicitly made use of it or observed it doing
anything.
--
Dave Close, Compata, Irvine CA      "I never learned anything
dave at compata.com, +1 714 434 7359    while I was talking."