[netflow-tools] FLOWD logrotation question

Guyon Morée guyon.moree at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 00:58:44 EST 2006

Hi all,

First of all, I'm still a Unix beginner, so my question might actually
be related to that.

I have a script which is periodically renaming the flowdlog file and
send a signal to flowd to restart the logging to to the original
logfile. This works quite well, but the problem is that my script
needs to run as root.

Because I get Flowd's PID from the pidfile, it gets the pid of the
parent process which also runs as root instead of the child process
which runs as the default _flowd. This way I can not signal the
process without it running as root.

I hope my problem is clear and you might have a suggestion for me.

Regards,

--
Guyon Morée
guyon.moree at gmail.com