[netflow-tools] CVS Snapshot Breakage

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue Oct 2 14:38:36 EST 2007

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007, Jesse Kempf wrote:

> Hi,
> At the end of the email, I've attached the full session.
> In short, compiling the CVS snapshot on FreeBSD 6.2/i386 fails with:
>
> waffle% make
> gcc -g -O2 -fPIC -c flowd.c
> flowd.c: In function `usage':
> flowd.c:1381: error: `PROGVER' undeclared (first use in this function)

Either your Makefile or your make command is broken. I just tested
http://www.mindrot.org/flowd_snap/flowd-SNAP-20071002.tar.gz on
OpenBSD (which uses BSD make) and Linux (GNU make) and it compiled fine.

You Makefile should contain definitions for these items:

djm at demiurge:~/t/flowd$ grep -E '^(PROGVER|C(PP)?FLAGS)' Makefile
PROGVER=0.9
CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE
CPPFLAGS=-I$(srcdir)  $(PATHFLAGS) $(PROGFLAGS) -DHAVE_CONFIG_H

Perhaps the FreeBSD implicit make rules neglect CPPFLAGS?

-d