[netflow-tools] Cannot get flow records from a different device

Don Baron baron at logixresourcegroup.com
Fri Jan 7 06:18:05 EST 2011

Hello!

I am testing flowd to use in production. I am able to get softflow records
to appear on the screen using the flowd -dg option but whenever I set up
another device, flowd never shows the records.

For the conf file, I've tried several things for the listen directive,
including

127.0.0.1:8888

<device.ip>:8888

0.0.0.0:8888

None of these are producing results. Furthermore I see the traffic coming in
through tcpdump .

Any thoughts? Any help is greatly appreciated.

db