[netflow-tools] [softflowd] Capture only one subnet

Thomas Hupperich thomas.hupperich at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Jan 19 02:00:37 EST 2013

Hello and thank you for your answers!

On 17.01.2013 11:24, Andrew McGill wrote:
> softflowd accepts a pcap filter expression on the command line
>
> if memory serves (not necessarily true) this may work:
>
> 	softflowd net 10.2.0.0/16
>
> &:-)
I tried this but unfortunately it did not work at all.
When the OS boots up a script runs the following command:

softflowd -i eth1 -v5 -n 127.0.0.1:10555 net 10.10.2.0/24

At port 10555 on localhost there is a capture script running and
10.10.2.x is the subnet I want softflowd to capture.
eth1 is the interface to capture (in promisc mode).

When I now execute the command "softflowctl dump-flows" there are flows
listed on the console which are not from the specified subnet. (btw I
also tried "net 10.10.2.0/16" with the same result).
Of course I restarted the softflod service and even the whole machine
after changing the configuration.

I am sorry to bother you with this issue.
Thank you again!

Greetings,
    Thomas