[netflow-tools] Softflowd on Multiple interfaces not working

Toyin Alabi toyinal at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 30 01:33:31 AEDT 2017

I got Pfsense Softflowd to work with nfsen on single public gateway interface, but we have 2 gateways. Though I ctrl+click the 2 interfaces on softflowd and then setup nfsen.conf with the public IP address of each gateway and same port that I setup in pfsense softflowd. But checking the web page of nfsen no data is displayed. I see that softflowd is capturing data on the 2 interfaces by running the command

softflowctl -c /var/run/softflowd.em0.ctl statistics

and the command for 2nd interface

softflowctl -c /var/run/softflowd.em1.ctl statistics
Does softflowd include the public gateway IP addresses of the interfaces in its captured data. This is needed by nfsen to graph flows on each interface?

Thanks for you help