New snapshot

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Nov 15 09:22:36 EST 2000

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Damien Miller wrote:

             Host: i386-redhat-linux-gnu
         Compiler: gcc
   Compiler flags: -O2 -m486 -fno-strength-reduce -Wall -I. -I. -I/usr/include
     Linker flags:  -L/usr/lib -L/usr
        Libraries: -ldl -lnsl -lz  -lutil -lpam -lcrypto  -lwrap

Seems to work on both RHL 6.2 and 7.0.. which was to be expected.

Having to add HostKey's for both new keys or ssh2 gets disabled is rather
irritating, but I guess it can't be avoided.. unless sshd would just try
the defaults even though not specifically asked to (as with
ssh_host_dsa_key, before)

Apparently, defining extra HostKey's with previous versions is not
harmful.  Also, if such files are missing, that isn't even reported
anywhere (well, probably in verbose mode..).

In this snapshot there is an error "Could not load host key [...]" printed
on screen, but I don't get it syslogged(?).  Weird.

A few compile warnings I came across -- don't look too harmful:
---
bsd-bindresvport.c: In function `bindresvport_af':
bsd-bindresvport.c:59: warning: `error' might be used uninitialized in
this function

auth-pam.c: In function `pamconv':
auth-pam.c:105: warning: passing arg 1 of `read_passphrase' discards
`const' from pointer target type

pty.c: In function `pty_allocate':
pty.c:55: warning: implicit declaration of function `openpty'

session.c: In function `do_authenticated':
session.c:217: warning: `type' might be used uninitialized in this
function
session.c:260: warning: `success' might be used uninitialized in this
function
---

Pekka.Savola at netcore.fi      not those you stumble over and fall"