New snapshot

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Thu Nov 16 23:58:44 EST 2000

Damien Miller wrote:
> I have just uploaded a new snapshot to:
>
> http://www.mindrot.org/misc/openssh/openssh-SNAP-20001114.tar.gz
>
> This snapshot includes Markus Friedl's new SSH2 RSA authentication work
> and -R portforwarding for SSH2. Please give these a good test.

             Host: i686-pc-cygwin
         Compiler: gcc
   Compiler flags: -g -O2 -Wall -I. -I. -I/usr/include
     Linker flags:  -L/usr/lib -L/usr
        Libraries: -lz  -lregex /usr/lib/textmode.o -lcrypto

Works OOTB. SSH2 RSA works.

I have a problem with sftp-server (this isn't related to the current
snapshot but to 2.3.0p1 as well). As long as the user doesn't call
`cd' on the sftp commandline for the first time, a call to `pwd'
returns an error "PWD failed". After `cd' is called, that problem
disappears.

I have tracked that down to the point that in sftp-server.c, function
process_realpath() the line

	path = get_string(NULL);

returns an empty string as long as no `cd' is called. This results
in an error in the following call to realpath(). I'm not sure how
to solve that problem except for a hack like `if (!*path) path = ".";'
but the base problem is somewhere else.

I tried that by using sftp on ssh.com 2.3.0 [i686-pc-linux-gnu].

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin at sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen at redhat.com