Réf. : openssh-2.3.0p1: problem with configure

Philippe WILLEM Philippe.WILLEM at urssaf.fr
Wed Nov 22 02:13:56 EST 2000

As I post it earlier on the list you can specify this with args to configure:

./configure --prefix=$RUN_SSH --with-ldflags=-L$PATH_ZLIB
--with-ssl-dir=$PATH_SSL --with-cflags="-I$PATH_ZLIB_INCLUDE"

In fact, I do compile openssh this way. I put all my params and action in a
personal makefile that compile all : openssl, zlib & openssh but a simple shell
can do almost the same job.

"Ulrich Windl" <Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> sur 21/11/2000 13:46:27

Pour :    openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
cc :   (ccc : Philippe WILLEM/CER59/REC)

Objet :   openssh-2.3.0p1: problem with configure

I have two problems with configure in 2.3.0p1:

zlib is installed in /usr/local on HP-UX 11.00, and configure fails to
detect that.

Worse, after "setenv LDFLAGS -L/usr/local/lib" configure is happy, but
during make the zlib include file is not found.

"setenv CFLAGS -I/usr/local/include" fixes that, but I feel that
configure could be that smart too.

Regards,
Ulrich