scp doesn't work with large (>2GB) files

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Thu Sep 13 03:17:54 EST 2001

I'm unsure if anything needs to be done on Solaris (since I've yet to have
a chance to test due to US and personal issues..), but I will be doing the
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 solution for Linux if no one in the portable group
has a problem.

I refuse to touch O_LARGEFILE directly.  Since it cannot work for sftp
since it actively uses lseek().

- Ben