MaxStartups Confusion

Kevin Steves stevesk at pobox.com
Sat Sep 22 08:09:48 EST 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Mark Bradshaw wrote:
:I would like some clarification regarding the use of MaxStartups.  I have
:always used the three colon separated value that enables the random drop
:capabilities, but the documentation for sshd says that MaxStartups can also
:take a single value which sets a max and leaves random drops off.
:
:When I try this, sshd tells me that it got an illegal integer.  Looking at
:the code, in servconf.c it looks like it'll only accept the three value
:parameter type.  Am I reading the documentation incorrectly, has the
:functionality been discontinued, or was there a coding mix-up there?

there was a bug which has been fixed for the next release; see:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/ssh/servconf.c.diff?r1=1.86&r2=1.87