Logging authorized key info

Robert W. Schultz rschultz at triton-network.com
Fri Sep 28 02:03:03 EST 2001

Hi,

I would like to be able to log the key/fingerprint/comment field or even
line number (pick one) from the authorized_keys file of the account
connected to.  So I would get a syslog entry something like this...

[ID 800047 auth.info] Accepted rsa <authorized_keys comment field> for
ROOT from 127.0.0.1 port 34352

instead of

[ID 800047 auth.info] Accepted rsa for ROOT from 127.0.0.1 port 34352

I know this has been discussed before, there is a patch to do this for
version 1.something but I can't fathom how this moved into version
2.anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bob