final build.

Petri Kaukasoina kaukasoi at elektroni.ee.tut.fi
Wed Jun 26 16:46:19 EST 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 12:57:12AM -0500, Phil Howard wrote:

> So the library name for 0.9.6c has 0.9.6, and then
> when the upgrade to 0.9.6d is done, it clobbers the previous library
> and all the sshd daemons listening on all the ports will seg fault

Hi. I think it's not a good idea to use shared openssl library before
openssl stabilizes. openssl's INSTALL:

 Shared library is currently an experimental feature.  The only reason to
 have them would be to conserve memory on systems where several program
 are using OpenSSL.  Binary backward compatibility can't be guaranteed
 before OpenSSL version 1.0.

If you remove your /usr/lib/libcrypto.so symbolic link then openssh links
that library statically even though it links other libraries dynamically.