final build.

Phil Howard phil-openssh-unix-dev at ipal.net
Wed Jun 26 19:28:52 EST 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 09:46:19AM +0300, Petri Kaukasoina wrote:

| On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 12:57:12AM -0500, Phil Howard wrote:
|
| > So the library name for 0.9.6c has 0.9.6, and then
| > when the upgrade to 0.9.6d is done, it clobbers the previous library
| > and all the sshd daemons listening on all the ports will seg fault
|
| Hi. I think it's not a good idea to use shared openssl library before
| openssl stabilizes. openssl's INSTALL:
|
|  Shared library is currently an experimental feature.  The only reason to
|  have them would be to conserve memory on systems where several program
|  are using OpenSSL.  Binary backward compatibility can't be guaranteed
|  before OpenSSL version 1.0.
|
| If you remove your /usr/lib/libcrypto.so symbolic link then openssh links
| that library statically even though it links other libraries dynamically.

That does not seem to be happening.  Is there an option to tell the
configure script to just assume it is missing?  At whatever point in
the configure logic it makes that determination, it should have an
option to specifically override.  I could not find it when I looked
a few OpenSSH versions back.