best way to submit enhancement code

Raymond M. Reskusich reskusic at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 12 07:55:53 EST 2002

Greetings,

I've got some feature enhancement code that I'd like to feed back into
the main project, but to date I've had a hard time of it.  I've
written openssh at openssh.com and added a ticket to Bugzilla to no
avail, and now I thought I'd pass it by this list.  Mainly what I'm
wondering is:

1.  Where is the best place to submit patches for feature enhancement
    code to?  Is there a specific type of diff that is preferred?
2.  Does feature code need to be in the form of a patch to the base
    project, or will a patch to the portable tree suffice?

Raymond M. Reskusich