SecurID support for OpenSSH

Václav Tomec v_t_m at seznam.cz
Tue Mar 26 01:53:34 EST 2002

Hello all,

I have made integration of SecurID authentication into
OpenSSH 3.1p1.

In this solution, 3 types of authentication are prepared
to support SecurID tokens:
- password authentication (*)
- keyboard interactive authentication (**)
- securid-1 at ssh.com authentication (implemented especially by
commercial clients) (**)

(*) usable only when SecurID card is in "normal" state (not NewPIN
or NextTokencode)
(**) fully supports all SecurID states

This patch is implemented only for SSH2 protocol, modifying
only the server side. Clients remain unchanged,
so you can use the client that you prefer.

To properly configure and compile, you need ACE/Agent 3.x installed.
I am working on conversion of this patch for ACE/Agent 5.x.
This patch will be suitable for both agents then.

Details (implementation, configuration, ...) are described in
README.SecurID file located on distribution site.

Patch and documentation available at:
http://sweb.cz/v_t_m/

Vaclav Tomec