fsh

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jun 18 07:56:01 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 19:37, Ed Avis wrote:
> Some people suggested fsh as a way of speeding up a build system which
> sshes to different hosts to run jobs in parallel.  fsh is very handy
> but it works by keeping open a *single* connection.  It won't work if
> you want to execute more than one command in parallel on the same
> host.

You're saying that each connection has to wait for the previous one to
finish? That's not my understanding. My IMAP clients get at their IMAP
servers by fsh and the same machines remain available by fsh at all
times...

imladris /home/dwmw2 $ date ; fsh passion sleep 20 & fsh passion sleep 20 & fsh
passion sleep 20 & %1 ; %2 ; %3 ; date
Tue Jun 17 22:54:24 BST 2003
[1] 2749
[2] 2750
[3] 2751
fsh passion sleep 20
[3]   Done                    fsh passion sleep 20
fsh passion sleep 20
-bash2: fg: %3: no such job
Tue Jun 17 22:54:45 BST 2003
imladris /home/dwmw2 $