AW: Patch for Socks5 support for dynamic portforwaring?

Dan Kaminsky dan at doxpara.com
Wed Jun 25 18:27:58 EST 2003

>Well, if ssocks would be a part of the openssh distribution than you don't
>have to install any software on the remote side.

Right now there's _zero_ code for any of this in the server.  It's
completely unnecessary -- the protocol and the server code are flexible
enough to do support all sorts of interesting applications with but
miniscule modifications on the client side.

Why create unnecessary complexity?  A slight patch to the client --
that's already been written -- is all I'm arguing for.

--Dan