OpenSSH 3.7 testing (Re: 3.6p1 bug on SCO OpenServer)

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sun Sep 7 09:44:32 EST 2003

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 12:47:14AM -0500, Ben Lindstrom wrote:
[regression tests]
> > It should be as simple as ./configure [needed options] && make && make

Actually, the middle "make" is optional :-)

Note that some platforms sshd requires root privileges to work, on such
platforms you will need "sudo" installed, and run the tests like so:

$ SUDO=sudo make tests

Platforms using PAM typically fall into this category, but there may be
others.

[current snapshot]
> Builds and runs OOTB.  All regression tests pass, except for the sftp
> test trying to manipulate a file with quotation marks.  These characters
> aren't allowed in Windows filenames.

Excellent.

I have arranged for that test to be skipped on Cygwin in future.  I also
fixed a couple of other minor regression test issues on Cygwin, and now
the entire suite passes.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.