stty: : Operation not supported on transport endpoint

Tero Knuutila tkn at cadsy.me.tut.fi
Wed Sep 24 21:37:00 EST 2003

Hi!

I am using OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090701f on
my Mandrake 9.1 machine. I used to run fetchmail to get emails from IRIX
6.3 system which has OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL
0x0090602f.

I had to reinstall my Mandrake, and after that ssh gives me strange error
messages.

When I run command:
	ssh -f   -L 1234:irixhost.somedomain.fi:110 irixhost.somedomain.fi sleep 5
on my Mandrake I get stty error mentioned on subject line.

Also when I run:
	[tkn at localhost tkn]$ scp  foobar.txt irixhost

I get no error message, but when I run:
	[tkn at localhost tkn]$ scp  foobar.txt irixhost:
I get error again:
	stty: : Operation not supported on transport endpoint

I am using rsa_key with password, and I use ssh-add to give password only
once.

What can I do to get rid of this error? I already installed latest mdk rpm
but it didn't help. Now I have version mentioned on beginning of this
message.

With best regards,
	Tero Knuutila, Finland