Config failure with 3.8p1 on AIX

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Apr 3 11:34:55 EST 2004

Ryan Robertson wrote:

> I too am experiencing this issue.  both
> /usr/local/libz.a & /usr/lib/libz.a are linked to
> /opt/freeware/lib/libz.a.  While the compile seems to
> work locally, but when i install ssh on another
> machine i get:
> ===================
> Symbol resolution failed for ssh because:
>         Symbol __strtollmax (number 157) is not
> exported from dependent
>           module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o).
> Examine .loader section symbols with the 'dump -Tv'
> command.

This normally is a result of attempting to run a binary compiled on a
later version of AIX than the target system (this includes Maintenance
Levels).  This is not guaranteed to work, you should build on the
*oldest* system you plan to support.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.