Config failure with 3.8p1 on AIX

Ryan Robertson r3r2 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 07:56:41 EST 2004

OK, sorry to harp on an old subject, but AIX 5.1 ml05
cant find the OpenSSL libraries.  It can find the
headers just fine.

I've tried adding LDFLAGS & CPPFLAGS; different
openssl versions (rpm vs bff).  I tried adding links
to the files.  I tried running the findssl.sh script
which only returns the header info.  And I've tried
other things listed throughout this list.  Just
frustrated after wasting 2 days on this.  Any help is
always appreciated.
# rpm -qa|grep ssl
openssl-0.9.6m-1
openssl-devel-0.9.6m-1
# gcc -v
Reading specs from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0/3.3/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-3.3/configure
Thread model: aix
gcc version 3.3