OpenSSH läuft nur auf einer Netzwerkkarte / OpenSSH only working on one network-card

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sun Apr 4 13:43:02 EST 2004

Marko Bauer wrote:
> I've got the following problem:
> My server contains two networkcards with different nets. SSH ist only on one
> net available. I don't know wether it depends on the IP-adress or the
> networkcard. I wont to use SSH on both networkcards. It's not the fault of
> the firewall.

It's possible that sshd is configured to listen on only one IP address.
  Check sshd_config for a "ListenAddress" directive (comment it out if
there is one the restart sshd).

You can also use "netstat" to see which address sshd is listening on.
"0.0.0.0:22" means it's listening on all addresses, eg

$ netstat -an |grep :22 | grep LISTEN
tcp      0     0 0.0.0.0:22           0.0.0.0:*            LISTEN

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.