AIX and zlib

andy.tompkins at autozone.com andy.tompkins at autozone.com
Wed Jul 7 06:29:59 EST 2004

I did have a situation this morning.
We have an in house application that was linked to the zlib in /usr/local.
A user who uses that application had to have their LIBPATH=/usr/local/lib.
When they tried to run sftp it failed because the zlib in /usr/local was
not the same as what ssh was linked against.

Andy

|---------+--------------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de>                  |
|         |           Sent by:                                            |
|         |           openssh-unix-dev-bounces+andy.tompkins=autozone.com@|
|         |           mindrot.org                                         |
|         |                                                               |
|         |                                                               |
|         |           07/06/2004 02:36 PM                                 |
|         |                                                               |
|---------+--------------------------------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                           |
  |       To:       andy.tompkins at autozone.com                                                |
  |       cc:       openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org                                              |
  |       Subject:  Re: AIX and zlib                                                          |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 11:05:18AM -0500, andy.tompkins at autozone.com wrote:
> I then modified the Makefile so that blibpath has /usr/local/lib in it
> before /usr/lib, and this works as expected.
> Should configure be doing that for me on AIX?

What's wrong with using the system default, if one is already there?

gert

//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany
gert at greenie.muc.de