[openssh] Re: [openssh] Re: Frequent "Connection reset by peer"

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Fri Feb 1 02:08:07 EST 2008

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 08:35:06AM -0500, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
> > 	I also get knocked off of SSH from the ROUTER ITSELF.
>
> I have seen this happen when I had a duplicate IP address on the LAN -
> every time the packet happened to hit the "other" box, it caused a RST
> (because the other box didn't know anything about it).
>
> You can see this if you look into the ARP caches of other boxes on the
> same network - if the server IP address is alternating between different
> MAC addresses, you have a double IP address.

	The entire network (prior to adding the outside link, which
happened AFTER all the problems started) is 4 pieces of equipment. The arp table
shows only all 4 of them. I'm using 10.0.0.0/24. When it was isolated to
just those 4 pieces of equipment, and impossible for any other piece of
equipment to be a part of the network, the problems existed. Adding the
new part has not changed the original way the network acts at all.

	If there were any arp changes, the machines would be logging
it.

		Tuc