ssh wrapper scripts

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Feb 1 19:33:20 EST 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 08:45:30PM -0500, Andrew Smith wrote:
> For port forwarding and tunneling there are no such helpers. I spent the
> saturday at an install fest where a 15-year (seriously) linux veteran
> was struggling to remember/find the ssh syntax for making a tunnel for
> more than 2 hours, giving up eventually.

A "linux veteran" that is not able to find "-L" in the ssh man page
won't find a special extra command either.

Especially as it would need to have very much the same arguments -

$ ssh -L 1000:somehost:2000 someotherhost

vs.

$ sshforward 1000:somehost:2000 someotherhost

not much gained here.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de