Openssh for Windows

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Tue Jul 29 00:52:33 EST 2008

Hi Patel,

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Patel Dippen-CDP054 wrote:

> I have Windows Services running on different Windows machines and they
> talk to each other. I need to protect the communication between these 2
> services. One approach is using SSL. I am trying to investigate the
> feasibility of using SSH tunnels so that I do NOT have to modify the
> Applications.

IPSec is probably the best tool for this job. Adding SSH tunneling and
port forwarding to the mix will only complicate matters, probably not
perform as well, and subtly changes semantics of things like connect()
which could break your application in odd ways.

Cheers, Chris.
--
\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |