Dealing with roaming machines

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Dec 26 03:19:30 EST 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM, martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net>
wrote:
[...]

> I'd kinda like OpenSSH to connect to all three IPs at once, since
> only one will ever be answered at any one time.

You could do that with a ProxyCommand: have it connect() to all addresses
returned by DNS, use the first one to return and close the others.  Writing
such a tool would be fair simple, and I would be surprised if something
like that doesn't already exist.

> Or it should try them in quick succession.

Try "ConnectTimeout 1s" or similar in your config for that host.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.