Adding filename verification to sftp-server

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Tue Oct 20 06:03:51 AEDT 2020

Hello,

In one of the projects, I'd like to restirct what files sftp-server
can deliver.  The -p, whitelisting requests helps contain the client,
but does not limit what files they have access too.

If a user has root on their box, they can of course use chroot, but not
every person has root, nor the desire to setup a particular user or
dedicated ssh server for this.

My thought (and implemented) was to add a simple option to sftp-server
to add a list of files that open is permitted to open.

The code is available at:
https://www.funkthat.com/gitea/jmg/openssh-portable.git

on the branch sftp-firewall.

I wasn't sure what the best way to submit a patch was, so let me know
if there is a better way.

Thanks.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579