Future deprecation of ssh-rsa

Alex Harrison exharrison at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 11:00:11 AEDT 2020

For the last few releases, there has been a notice that ssh-rsa will be deprecated in a near-future release. Is there a target release for this deprecation to take effect? I saw in the 8.4 release notes that UpdateHostKeys is going to be default enabled in the next release to prepare for this. Is it likely that 8.6 will deprecate ssh-rsa after a release cycle of UpdateHostKeys being default or are we likely talking further in the future than that?

I apologize if this has been asked before and I've missed it. I've tried reading threads that looked relevant and did not see the answer.

Thanks,
Alex