[netflow-tools] Thanks and request for flowd

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Mon Jul 23 16:28:15 EST 2007

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Josef Fortier wrote:

> QUESTIONS/REQUESTS
>
>     1) Is there a better way to pipe ad-hoc filters to flowd-reader (or
>        another API).

What sort of filters are you after? I wouldn't oppose allowing some basic
commandline switches to filter by source/destination address or port.

>     2) Can tagging improve filtering. It appears that tagging is a way
>        to create meta-information for reporting, but I keep wondering if
>        I can use it to create positive additive filters ("find me all
>        the http traffic, then find me the https")  rather then negative
>        filters (discard work fine cumulatively).

Yes, there have been other requesting that too. I haven't been able to
figure out a syntax for flowd.conf that works well for additive/cumulative
tagging. The problem is that the filters are now "one match wins", but
cumulative tagging breaks that a little. Suggestions welcome!

-d