[netflow-tools] Empty log

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Mon Jul 23 16:24:55 EST 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Walter Weiss wrote:

> Hi;
>
>             I have installed netflowd on the latest version of Fedora.  It
> all seems to install ok.  I have the following information from the command
> lines etc.  But nothing ever writes to the log.  Is there anything I can do
> to troubleshoot where the data is lost?  Thanks
>
> [root at flow_collector /]# netflow v.9 packet (len 44) 1 recs, source
> 0x00000100
> netflow v.9 options flowset
> output_flow_flush: flushing output queue len 0

Flowd doesn't support NetFlow v.9 "options flowsets". When I wrote the
Netflow v.9 code, I didn't have access to anything that generated them
and I recall finding the documentation on them somewhat unclear.

If these are all you are receiving, then you won't see anything logged.
Otherwise, could you send me your flowd.conf?

-d