[netflow-tools] logsock functionality failing

Heath Snoek Heath at snookmz.com
Wed Jan 30 11:56:53 EST 2008

G'day

I am trying to run flowd in logsock mode.  Everything appears to be
working fine when I output in logfile mode, but I am receiving the
following error in logsock mode:

hugo:~# flowd -d
read_config: entering
child_get_config: entering
drop_privs: dropping privs without chroot
send_config: entering fd = 4
send_config: done
child_get_config: child config done
recv_config: entering fd = 3
recv_config: ready to receive config
Listener for [127.0.0.1]:12345 fd = 3
Increased socket receive buffer from 109568 to 524288
Setting socket send buf to 1024
Listener for [::1]:12345 fd = 4
Increased socket receive buffer from 109568 to 524288
Setting socket send buf to 1024
Listener for [192.168.100.27]:99 fd = 5
Increased socket receive buffer from 109568 to 524288
Setting socket send buf to 1024
privsep_init: entering
drop_privs: dropping privs with chroot
init_pfd: entering (num_fds = 0)
init_pfd: done (num_fds = 4)
client_open_socket: entering
answer_open_socket: entering
connect to logsock: No such file or directory
receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
hugo:~#

hugo:~# touch /var/run/flowd.sock
[...]
connect to logsock: Connection refused
receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0
hugo:~#

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?  I'm running flowd version
0.9, offloading using a Cisco 877 router in netflow version 9 and
running flowd under linux kernel 2.6.