OpenSSH and IRIX?

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Sun Apr 30 00:27:19 EST 2000

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Yuri Litvin wrote:

> Hey guys :-)
> I'm trying to set up Openssh 1.2.3 on the IRIX 6.5.6.  I wasn't
> successful so far :-( I've compiled latest openssl (the one that
> is on the same ftp site as openssh), and it goes to /usr/local/ssl
> , but then openssh's ./configure fails with the "Could not find
> working SSLeay / OpenSSL libraries, please install". So i do
> ./configure --with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl/lib/ -doesn't, then the
> same with /usr/local/ssl/include, /usr/local/ssl ---- still the same
> result.

Is OpenSSL compiled with the same compiler as OpenSSH? I have had
problems on Irix with libraries compiled with different compilers.

Have a look at config.log (send it to me if you like). There should
be a few compilation failure messages at the end when it was trying
to search for openssl - they should tell you more.

Regards,
Damien Miller