Hosting openssh's CVS repository

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Mon Dec 4 02:50:56 EST 2000

At 11:30 AM +0100 12/3/00, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>>  At 12:20 AM +0100 12/3/00, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>  >I can offer sources.redhat.com (former sourceware.cygnus.com). It
>>  >has a fairly good connection and is already home for various open
>>  >source projects like GDB, binutils, autoconf or Cygwin. Anonymous
>>  >as well as CVS write access for the maintainer team is available.
>>
>>  Would www.sourceforge.net be another possibility?
>>
>>  (I'm not all that familiar with sourceforge, but I already HAVE
>>  an account there, so that makes it slightly more interesting to
>>  me than sources.redhat.com.  Also, sources.redhat.com kinda
>>  suggests that this is a redhat project, and it might be confusing
>>  to have that implied)
>
>It's a pity that this might confuse people.

Well, I didn't mean to instigate a raging debate.  My only
misgiving is that it sounded like I would have to get yet
another account if it weren't at sourceforge (and I already
have about a dozen accounts to various web sites).  To be
honest, I don't even know enough about sourceforge to say
how I'd GET to the cvs repository if it were there, but I
just assumed that would easy enough to figure out.

apologies if the above does trigger an endless debate, I
guess I should have avoided mentioning redhat per se.  It
would be nice to have access to the cvs repository, if we
could all agree on where that should be.

Maybe have it at sources.redhat.com, but advertise the
location via some innocuous CNAME?   :-)

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu