PAM on OPenBSD for OpenSSH?

Ben Lindstrom mouring at pconline.com
Fri Jul 7 10:09:17 EST 2000

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000 carl at bl.echidna.id.au wrote:

> I know this is slightly off-topic.
>
> I'm looking at a way to use PAM with OpenSSH, on OpenBSD 2.7 (which
> at the moment as far as I can tell has no PAM support).
>
> I wonder how hard it would be to spoof the config of the portable
> OpenSSH into thinking it was on something that supported PAM, and
> then having a wrapper of some sort to connect to a PAM module?

I suggest picking up and compiling the PAM package from your favorate
Linux archives.  And then you should be able to get OpenSSH portable
to link against it and use it.  While every of your normal services are
supported normally.

Graned, this adds confusing to the mix, and would be generally frowned
on.  But it's a solution.

Ben Lindstrom