Failed password

Paul Thomas paul at cuenet.com
Thu Mar 30 08:46:30 EST 2000

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Damien Miller wrote:

> Have you tried the RPM versions? I build these myself on Redhat 6.1
> and they work perfectly. If you want to rebuild from source, consider
> rebuilding the SRPM.

For one thing there does not seem to be an Openssh RPM included
in my 6.1 distribution CD's and there is no reference to it
in the texts they supply with that product. Besides, this is not
going to help better understand Openssh, I also need to do an
install on a couple older Slackware machines.

Thanks, but maybe the old ssh-1.2.17 is adequate for basic
functions. I have not had any trouble with it whatsoever to
date.

Cheers,

--Paul T.

--
'...if clones are outlawed then only outlaws will have clones...'