Openssh-2.1.0p1 test release

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Fri May 19 01:53:35 EST 2000

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 11:47:48PM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
> This to announce a test release of 2.1.0p1 before making it widely
> available.

> This release includes many fixes to problems reported over the last
> week. In particular:

>  - spurious error and coredumps caused by the inbuilt entropy gathering
>  - RSAref detection
>  - Compilation fixes for Solaris and others

> It also contains (completely untested) support for compiling without
> RSA support. This may be useful to those of you in the USA. I am
> interested to hear whether and how well this works. RSAless support
> is enabled if a) OpenSSL is available, b) OpenSSL is built without
> RSAref and c) RSAref cannot be found. In future it will be a config
> option.

> Please report bugs to this mailing list directly. It is open again to
> non-subscribers.

	Still having problems with X11 forwarding:

[mhw at alcove mhw]$ ssh canyon
Last login: Thu May 18 08:11:53 2000 from alcove.wittsend.com
[mhw at canyon mhw]$ set | grep XAU
XAUTHORITY=/tmp/ssh-sfsQ2629/cookies
[mhw at canyon mhw]$ xterm
channel 0: istate 4 != open
channel 0: ostate 64 != open
X connection to canyon:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

	From sshd_config on Canyon (the server system):

X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10

	From ssh_config on Alcove (the client side):

Host *
        ForwardAgent yes
        ForwardX11 yes
        FallBackToRsh no

Here is what I get if I do this with with an ssh -v:

[mhw at canyon mhw]$ xterm
debug: Received X11 open request.
debug: fd 6 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug: channel 0: new [X11 connection from canyon port 1055]
debug: X11 connection uses different authentication protocol.
	What's this all about?
debug: X11 rejected 0 i1/o16
debug: channel 0: read failed
debug: channel 0: input open -> drain
debug: channel 0: close_read
debug: channel 0: input: no drain shortcut
debug: channel 0: ibuf empty
debug: channel 0: input drain -> wait_oclose
debug: channel 0: send ieof
debug: channel 0: write failed
debug: channel 0: output open -> wait_ieof
debug: channel 0: send oclose
debug: channel 0: close_write
debug: X11 closed 0 i4/o64
debug: channel 0: rcvd ieof
debug: channel 0: non-open
channel 0: istate 4 != open
channel 0: ostate 64 != open
debug: channel 0: rcvd oclose
debug: channel 0: input wait_oclose -> closed
X connection to canyon:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
[mhw at canyon mhw]$

	So there is something foo'ed in the authentication protocol.
Seems like this use to work (1.2.3, I think).  What broke?

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 331-2437   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/