Various platforms

Kevin Steves stevesk at sweden.hp.com
Sun Oct 8 01:27:15 EST 2000

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, J.P. King wrote:
: Under HP-UX
: ===========
:
: uname -smr
: HP-UX A.09.03 9000/735

Can you upgrade that to 10.20?  Is 9.03 supported at all (that's from
1993 or so if I recall)?

: There is no seteuid or setreuid, but there is a setresuid, so
: using your model in bsd-misc.c, I did:
:
: -----------
: #if !defined(HAVE_SETEUID) && defined(HAVE_SETREUID)
: int seteuid(uid_t euid)
: {
:         return(setreuid(-1,euid));
: }
: #endif /* !defined(HAVE_SETEUID) && defined(HAVE_SETREUID) */
: /* JPK */
: int seteuid(uid_t euid)
: {
:         return(setresuid(-1,euid,-1));
: }
: -----------
:
: This appears to be correct based on the documentation, and appears to
: work.

That should work.

: Also under the same version of HP-UX, you use RLIMIT_CORE, however
: this isn't defined in the include files except in <sys/resource.h>,
: and even then only for _KERNEL.  My kludge was to copy the correct
: entry from that header file into ssh.c.

I believe if you define _HPUX_SOURCE you should pull in this symbol from
the resource.h header file (which is in defined.h).