Various platforms

J.P. King jpk28 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Sun Oct 8 05:40:13 EST 2000

> : uname -smr
> : HP-UX A.09.03 9000/735
> Can you upgrade that to 10.20?  Is 9.03 supported at all (that's from
> 1993 or so if I recall)?
Not my machines, and it avoids the purpose of what I am doing.  I am
compiling a CD of clients for every platform that I can - we are
upgrading from using ssh1.2.27 to OpenSSH, not least because of the
SSH1 and SSH2 support.
I am compiling on the oldest variants of platforms I can, and testing
on more recent versions to make sure that they still work.  I am
compiling them statically, at least where the OS doesn't fight me
hard enough to prevent this.

So you can understand what I am up to if you have a look at:

http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/CD/
and
http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/CD/UCAM_SSH_CD_05/

It would probably be best if this wasn't documented anywhere official,
since it is meant to be an internal service.  Note that this is merely
the upcoming variation of the SSH CD we produce, and it is still beta,
so some versions are still to do, like IRIX.

> : This appears to be correct based on the documentation, and appears to
> : work.
> That should work.
Good.

> : Also under the same version of HP-UX, you use RLIMIT_CORE, however
> : this isn't defined in the include files except in <sys/resource.h>,
> : and even then only for _KERNEL.  My kludge was to copy the correct
> : entry from that header file into ssh.c.
> I believe if you define _HPUX_SOURCE you should pull in this symbol from
> the resource.h header file (which is in defined.h).

Sounds good, I will try to use that if I need to recompile.  I am somewhat
wary about pulling in more things than I need, in case one of the other
things upsets the applecart so to speak.

I was hoping that OpenSSH could be made aware of these aspects in some
fashion, such that when I compile a future version this problem doesn't
arise.

Thanks for your help, and thanks to the OpenSSH people in general for
writing it. :-)

Julian
--
Julian King
Computer Officer, University of Cambridge, Unix Support