CURRENT port of OpenSSH for Windows available

Darren Moffat Darren.Moffat at eng.sun.com
Fri Aug 3 05:56:24 EST 2001

>> Which is EXACTLY the Cygwin version of OpenSSH. Unfortunately Mark
>> has packed it w/o the sources for Cygwin which violates the GPL.
>
>Umm, how exactly does that violate the GPL?  The sources just have to be
>available (upon request, if not to all) for those who have gotten the
>binaries.  Aren't they?

But OpenSSH isn't under the GPL license it is under a "BSD style" license
which doesn't have the requirements of source distribution.

Are you saying that there is GPL code in this port ?  If so I hope one
of if has made it back into the OpenSSH core or portable trees otherwise
there are serious legal issues because you can't do that.

--
Darren J Moffat