hang on exit bug under Linux

Ed Phillips ed at UDel.Edu
Tue Dec 11 09:19:09 EST 2001

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:

> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:31:47 -0600 (CST)
> From: mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
> Cc: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
> Subject: Re: hang on exit bug under Linux
>
> [..]
> > And, ..... yes I have followed and read the entire thread about this.
> > What I fail to understand is why all the dithering. Data might be
> > lost, but the client has said "GO AWAY" and obviously does not want
> > any more data.
> >
> > Michael
> > Michael at Insulin-Pumpers.org
> >

> Mike,
>
> Let me borrow a line from Theo...
>
> 		"Show me code"
>
> To which I'll add..
>
> 		"That is acceptable Markus, Damien, and myself that
> works on EVERY platform, does not break/bend SSH protocol, works for v1
> and v2 protocols, and is not a utter fucking hack."

Is this mailing list for code submissions only?  I got the impression when
I joined this list that here is where problems should be reported - and
that here is really the "only" place to report.  So, is it useless for
anyone to make suggestions about something that needs fixing without
submitting code?  Is there another list where people can submit problem
report so that other (well-versed in the OpenSSH code) people will make
fixes?

	Ed

Ed Phillips <ed at udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082
Systems Programmer III, Network and Systems Services
finger -l ed at polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key